Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Randomness

-Some of what I think are the most solidly-made films in the last couple of years: "The Prestige," "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe," "V for Vendetta"

-I really miss the Deardens.

-I really want a big desk. Preferably an L-shaped one that is plenty deep and not overly-cluttered with drawers (so as to not impose on my leg room), and probably without a hutch. I like big workspaces, but I don't want to feel like my desk is taking over my room.

-"The Lion King" is a powerful movie. I don't understand people who don't like it. Excellent message, a good mix of drama and comedy, great animation, and one of the best movie soundtracks ever made (and I don't just mean the singing parts).

-Adults don't know how to have fun.

-I really do think it's weird that so many of my friends are getting engaged now that I've left Utah.

-I fully support the WGA in their strike. Maybe I'm shooting myself in the foot with the chances that DVD and movie tickiet prices may rise after all is said and done, but the WGA makes some good arguments.

-Speaking of movie soundtracks, the "Superman Returns" soundtrack is excellent! It's playing on my Launchcast station right now. Since I bought the DVD, I've only watched the special features, and not the film itself. That might have to change sometime soon, though I'd really like being able to watch it on a bigger screen/projector.

-"Wha' happened?"

-I live in Little Mexico, and I love it.

-I think it would be fun to develop a story about a guy with the ability to bend time, but in physical pockets of space (for example, if he wants to move time forward, everything within a ten foot radius of himself ages or de-ages while everything outside of those boundaries remains the same; he has no control over this physical limit). I just need to figure out the ins and outs of his persona and give him a challenge.

-How do people feel satisfied at the end of the day when they have jobs that aren't goal-oriented? How do they measure the success of the day's activities?

-Have you ever tried imagining a color that isn't on the spectrum as we know it? It's kind of a trippy experience, though I can't honestly say I've really pictured one. Letting your brain wrap around that whole concept is sort of fun, though.

-I went to an institute class last night that felt like I was back in seminary. There were only six of us in the class, and one of the guys really enjoyed hearing himself speak even though he didn't have much to contribute to the discussion. What was the topic for the last twenty minutes of class? Whether or not God is a happy person. ...

3 comments:

Scotty said...

Your movie idea seems interesting, but I can't really see how it would be useful to make everything within a ten-foot radius around you age instantly.... Unless you were a high school biology student that was supposed to plant three plants in different conditions and a control and measure the progress of each over 12 weeks but then procrastinated doing it and didn't plant anything and now it is the day before it is due before you start worrying about the assignment.

The Shark said...

See, that is why I like the idea, it's DIFFERENT. What would someone do with that kind of power?

But you also present the dilemma I'm in. I think the power is interesting, but what sort of scenario could I put the character in that would make the story worth telling?

I'm not sure if I would do it as a movie or a comic strip or just a short story. We'll see if I develop anything with it.

Cabeza said...

He could dodge bullets and de-ionize a nuclear blast site.