Saturday, August 30, 2008

Casting a Shark Biographical Movie: Jenn

Another fantastic result from MyHeritage.com (yet a poorly-treated photo -- sorry, Jenn):

Evangeline Lilly! Yes! Most popularly known to the world as Kate on Lost, here's another comparison I had never thought of. She needs to dye her hair red, but she's got the freckles and is downright gorgeous, which makes her an excellent candidate for the role. And, again, I don't think she's necessarily an incredible actress, but she's shown her ability to perform a wide range of emotions and, even though she's younger than Jenn, she could easily make herself look 7 years older than she is.

Melissa Gilbert, who played Laura Ingalls on Little House on the Prairie, would also be a great choice if she was about ten years younger. Though I am unaware of how her acting skills have developed or declined over the last quarter century...

I feel like Molly Ringwald was thrown in there just because of the similar hair color. I mean, really, aside from that, does she really look all that similar to my sister? No way. And she's a little too old.

Amanda Bynes? Ugh...

And although she wasn't an option, Julianne Moore would have worked as well, if she was about ten years younger (her age has really begun to show the last five years or so). A lot of people comment on how much our mom and Jenn looked alike when my mom was a lass in her prime, so it wouldn't be shocking to have the same actresses audition for both parts in some cases.

1 comment:

Ted said...

I've never watched the show, so I hope that her personality on the show isn't just awful, but from my observations passing through the room while Amy is watching 'Gilmore Girls', I think that Lauren Graham reminds me of Jenn, although I can't put my finger on exactly why.

I know that she's not an actress, so she wouldn't be able to be cast in your movie, but Jean Chatzky from NBC News (where she appears as a personal finance correspondent) totally reminds me of Jenn whenever I see her on TV. Probably in part because she comes across as very intelligent and polished.